The Inspector’s Interim Report on the County Durham Local Plan states that policies 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 32 are unsound and that policies 9 and 10 should be deleted. These policies cover the following aspects:
- Policy 6: Durham City
- Policy 7: Aykley Heads
- Policy 8: Durham City Strategic Sites
- Policy 12: Executive Housing Allocation
- Policy 13: Other Executive Housing Proposals
- Policy 32: Houses in Multiple Occupation and Student Accommodation
- Policy 9: Western Relief Road
- Policy 10: Northern Relief Road
For the Council and objectors responses to this Interim report look at the letters pages of local newspapers, and press releases.
A parliamentary debate on the Local Plan was held in Westminster Hall on 3rd March, after which the County Council issued this press release, announcing they were to have a meeting with the Planning Inspectorate.
The NPF was a party to this correspondence with the Planning Inspectorate, seeking a meeting with them to balance the meeting that the Council representatives were having.