Durham City will have a range of housing types to meet the needs of a sustainable mix of local residents and students living in harmony.
- To change the imbalance towards student accommodation back to a sustainable, balanced community;
- To promote housing designed for the needs of older people and for people with disabilities;
- To promote affordable housing for all sectors of the community, but particularly for families with children and young people starting out.
- Policy D1: Land for Residential Development
- Policy D2: Purpose Built Student Accommodation (PBSA)
- Policy D3: Student Accommodation in Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
- Policy D4: Housing for Older People and People with Disabilities
- Policy D5: Affordable Housing
- Policy D6: Building Housing to the Highest Standards
The conveners for this topic are John Ashby and Sue Childs.