Providing sustainable transport access to economic, educational, training, cultural and social opportunities for all, thereby enabling a swifter transition to a healthier environment and a low-carbon future.
- To ensure that new developments are well-served by sustainable transport;
- To make transport healthier and safer for all;
- To improve the integration of public transport services;
- To avoid unnecessary travel resulting from new development;
- To reduce vehicle exhaust emissions in order to meet climate change commitments and national air quality objectives;
- To create pleasant and healthy streets, public places and areas of natural environment.
- Policy T1: Accessibility of Proposed Developments
- Policy T2: Designing for Sustainable Transport
- Policy T3: Residential Car Parking in the Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ)
- Policy T4: Residential Storage for Cycles and Mobility Aids
The conveners for this topic are Matthew Phillips and Karen Elliott.