The submitted version of the Neighbourhood Plan is available for reading and download:
As well as the Plan itself, there are other associated documents:
- a sustainability appraisal of the Plan – an assessment of the social, economic and environmental impacts of the Plan to ensure that sustainable development is at its heart
- a basic conditions statement – demonstrating the Plan meets the legal requirements
- a consultation statement – showing the consultation and engagement activities that were undertaken while producing the Plan
The Durham City Neighbourhood Plan includes amendments in the light of the responses received during the 2019 pre-submission consultation, has been approved by the City of Durham Parish Council, and has been submitted to Durham County Council.
It is now the responsibility of Durham County Council to carry out the following stages in the production of the Neighbourhood Plan, i.e.
- carry out a Regulation 16 consultation
- arrange for the Plan to be examined by a Planning Inspector
- organise a referendum of residents in Our Neighbourhood