Durham County Council’s website ‘Neighbourhood Planning – what’s happening?’ gives details of the stages of the Durham City Neighbourhood Plan including the Referendum.
The Referendum will be held on Thursday 6th May 2021.
You can vote in the Referendum if you live in the Durham City Parish area, and:
- You are registered to vote in local council elections; and
- You are 18 years of age or over on 6 May 2021.
As well as the Plan itself, there are other associated documents:
- a sustainability appraisal of the Plan – an assessment of the social, economic and environmental impacts of the Plan to ensure that sustainable development is at its heart
- a basic conditions statement – demonstrating the Plan meets the legal requirements
- a consultation statement – showing the consultation and engagement activities that were undertaken while producing the Plan