Durham City will have a proactively supported community life, including health and well-being, with an enriched artistic and cultural life for the benefit of residents and visitors alike. Residents will be supported and encouraged to be active citizens with a keen interest in their neighbourhood and how it develops.
- To encourage and promote the provision of a range of the highest quality health, educational, artistic, cultural, social and general community facilities to meet the needs of the residents of Our Neighbourhood and visitors to it;
- To retain and improve existing artistic, cultural, social and community facilities within Our Neighbourhood.
- Policy C1: Provision of Facilities for Arts and Culture
- Policy C2: Provision of New Community Facilities
- Policy C3: Protection of an Existing Community Facility
- Policy C4: Health Care and Social Care Facilities
The conveners for this topic are Roger Cornwell and Angela Tracy.