Promoting a proactively supported community life, including health and well-being, with an enriched artistic and cultural life for the benefit of residents and visitors alike. Residents will be supported and encouraged to be active citizens with a keen interest in their neighbourhood and how it develops.
- To encourage and promote the provision of a range of the highest quality health, educational, artistic, cultural, social and general community facilities to meet the needs of the residents of Our Neighbourhood and visitors to it;
- To retain and improve existing artistic, cultural, social and community facilities, including open spaces, within Our Neighbourhood;
- To improve the built environment in order to increase community participation in generating and experiencing the arts;
- To ensure that residents and visitors can access information about the City in an accessible, central location.
- Policy C1: Community Arts Facilities
- Policy C2: Information Hub
- Policy C3: Provision of New Community Facilities
- Policy C4: Protection of an Existing Community Facility
- Policy C5: Protection of Urban Open Spaces
- Policy C6: Health Care and Social Care Facilities
The convener for this topic is Roger Cornwell.