A sustainable and vibrant local economy, supporting large and small businesses, retail and tourism, and encouraging employment opportunities.
- To increase employment opportunities through the establishment and support of large and small enterprises;
- To identify strategic and local sites for a range of prestige developments for businesses, university research-based and high technology industries, and business incubators;
- To secure the vitality and competitiveness of the City centre through balanced retail development and to combine City centre retail with online shopping;
- To build on and enhance the tourism and leisure experience in the City.
- Policy E1: Larger Employment Sites
- Policy E2: Other Employment Sites
- Policy E3: Retail Development
- Policy E4: Primary and Secondary Frontages
The conveners for this topic are: Pippa Bell (larger businesses and institutions) and Adam Deathe head of BID (retail and professional services)