A Beautiful and Historic City: (b) Green Infrastructure
Preserving and enhancing natural green spaces and networks of greenery for the leisure, health, economic and environmental benefits they provide for residents, visitors and people working in the City.
- To preserve and enhance the green infrastructure in Our Neighbourhood;
- To maintain and enhance the green assets of the World Heritage Site, and its inner setting, and of the character areas of the Durham City Conservation Area;
- To address deficiencies of green infrastructure within Our Neighbourhood;
- To implement the NPPF which seeks to promote sustainable development and emphasises the importance of promoting healthy communities, protecting Green Belt land, meeting the challenges of climate change and flooding, and conserving and enhancing the natural environment.
- Policy G1: Preserving and Enhancing Green Infrastructure
- Policy G2: Designation of Local Green Spaces
- Policy G3: Creation of the Emerald Network
- Policy G4: Enhancing the Beneficial Use of the Green Belt
The conveners for this theme are Sue Childs and Angela Tracy
For the full details of this Theme see here